1. - Top - End - #785
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: MitD VI: The Undiscovered Creature (Please Read the First Post)

I'm excited to see this but your link leads me to a blank page.
    Never mind I think it was problems on my end, got it working.
    You try to explain the circus scene with it's appearance when form of madness is just about the most perfect explanation I've ever seen? Why would you do this?

Wow can I just say this one has a lot going for it. The two downsides I see are Huge and immunity to mind-affecting. I like form of madness as a circus explanation because it happens to everyone who sees him, but he has to exert effort in choosing the curse/effect that is bestowed upon them, this also helps explained the varied effects. Wish and limited wish together is always a good thing... perhaps the reason he can't see the gates is because he has a permanent lens of true-seeing on(conjecture)... Power word stun I think is a good explanation for the shout... Doesn't speak common... Has the spellcraft/knowledge to decipher the ritual... You mentioned the issue with the date but if the previous version was anything like this one it stands a fair chance I think. Do you think you could try and find an earlier version of this guy?

This is my new favorite entry.

EDIT: So I found this guy in the fiend folio(p. 49). Nearly every thing I had said earlier still applies. Except... He loses the wonderful form of madness ability as well as all means of teleporting anyone who is not himself. (Has perfect teleportation of himself and objects) My question is then when was your version made again? Was it made after SoD and the escape scene were written? Also I can't find anything in the FF version about mental immunity. I don't know, it doesn't look as rock solid as I originally thought, but you could make one heck of a case for it.
    Last edited by KillItWithFire; 2013-04-15 at 10:11 PM.

I am a:
    Spoiler
    Show

Lawful Neutral
    Halfling Wizard/Cleric
    Strength- 13
    Dexterity- 14
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 16
    Wisdom- 14
    Charisma- 12

There are 10 types of people in this world:
    Those that know ternary,
    those that don't
    and those that thought this was a binary joke.