[Hueco Mundo]
Jehoel's Island
Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
Spoiler
Show

As Mikael goes to sleep, Jehoel leans back against the wall of the cave, folds his arms over his chest, and waits. Jehoel is very good at waiting. He can remain utterly still for extended periods of time, remaining only aware enough of his surroundings to notice movement or noise. When he enters this semi-catatonic state, he retreats deep into the ancient recesses of his memory. Looking back over his long, long life, Jehoel jumps from image to image. There are times of victory, times of chaos and times of utter boredom. Some memories are good. Some are bad. But none of them mean anything to him anymore. Still, it passes the time.

As Mikael awakes for the second time and addresses Jehoel, the ancient Hollow meets his eyes and stands.

"There is no food here, not as humans would define it."
"Figures." Mikael is a bit puzzled by lack of answer to his first question, but then realizes Jehoel might simply not know, or care. Even if the sun did rise outside, its light would be unlikely to reach bottom of the cave, and there are no clocks or other means of tracking time in it.

In the end, Mikael concludes it doesn't matter. It's not like he was in a hurry. He stands up and stretches his limbs. "So, I think I'll be going back to my world. To look for others of my kind. People with powers, I mean. It feels... a lot more sensible now that I know they exist."

"Of course, I'm going to need your help. I have no idea how to get back on my own. Besides, I think there's still a lot to learn from you. From this world in general. So I was thinking, is there a way I could contact you once I'm on my own? We could agree on a place to meet in a... month or so."

"If that sounds reasonable, could you drop me off in Helsinki? It's, errr, in southern Finland. 60 degrees North and 24 degrees East. I hope that tells you enough."