1. - Top - End - #468
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Telekineticist (3.5 D&D, PEACH)<-really, you should.

Yeah most of my arguements I've gone all wishywashy on; I'm not good at balancing class features at higher levels. I guess I'll just defer to your judgement on the lockdown, singularity, etc.

The difference between soulknife and telekinetecist (aside from soulknife not being very good) is that soulknife has both class features that require a psionic focus and class features that use up your psionic focus. (I think, its been forever since I looked at the class.) If you're going to keep wild talent then in addition to requiring a psionic focus to have hands, you need to include abilities that expend your psionic focus as a cost for some kind of more powerful telekinetic attack. Without any sort of give and take to the psionic focus, it just becomes a static blob in the middle of my character sheet. Either you need to actually use the styles of the psionic focus to its full extent (which to make it so the ability isnt a detriment, would require some really weird abilities as dertroll said) or it should just be gotten rid of.

You mentioned the inclusion of wild talent is a part of this classes heritage from an older version, and thats kind of what it feels like- a legacy of some clever idea that was surplanted by another clever idea and is now just a vestigial inclusion, only kept for sentimental purposes. Its been around for so long that you can't bear to part with it, even if it doesn't do anything.

I took a look at the acfs, and I looked through it trying to find some kind of "telekinetic fighter" version of the class, before realizing the default had full bab and was supposed to be the telekinetic fighter. The others feel like a step away from what I was hoping from this class.

*edit*
    Still think that force fling doesn't need to fit the average damage profile as your levels go up, you get other ways to fight. Its just a telekinetikery weapon for you to use at low levels before you gain access to the cool stuff.

Also, wizards will run out of spell slots eventually, the TK can keep going forever.
    *end edit*

Theres 16 pages of this forum. I'm not sure if I could survive reading the entire thread. I do understand what you're saying about most of the abilities having been rewritten over and over again to the point where you don't even want to look at them any more. I think I'll just leave you to it then; explore these issues on my own and see what I can make happen.
    Last edited by Estradus; 2013-04-17 at 10:44 AM.