Well, looking at the general power sources of classes a list that comes to mind is:
Divine-seems like an odd thing to be granted by divinty.
Arcane-arcane tried to master the concept of TK, they got a lackluster spell and an ok PrC (Master of the Unseen Hand).
Psioncs-supposed to be the power of the mind over the universe, which is the pure concept of TK.
Races-i could stretch at seeing a particular race where TK has developed, but then this would be an inherently limited racial class.
Incarnum-I don't really see TK being powered by the souls of those living, dead, and yet unborn.
Vestiges-I could see TK being granted, but couldn't see how it could be balanced to grant a stable and useable form of TK other than the Arcane spell.

And that's about as far as my brain wants to delve right now into power sources.

Well, from an attempted objective view, what do you imagine doing with TK that we haven't covered? And unless you have some awesome idea I would love to hear waiting, the main things that come to mind for using TK on objects vs people comes down to: damage them with items, move items around, and use combat maneuvers with items. All but that last one is capable within this class far more streamlined than previously existing mechanics. And if that really were where all the class could do I would have a hard time even saying it would be tier 4. Sure it has something nifty it can do in combat, then it can sort of be a nice utility spell, but outside of that the class would have nothing going for it.

Your fix is basically: You get an enhanced Far Hand that lets you use any improvised weapon in a fashion that resembles a weapon and part of the path from TK Fighting without any of the TK Fighting restrictions. Specifically the level 6 ability available at level 1. And your damage is laughable, such that by the time you could do anything useful/cool like lift a wagon and throw it at people the damage it deals was a waste of your effort. It basically just says you have weak TK when trying to launch things, but if you want to just pick them up you are much stronger.

At this point you are bringing the ability out of line with the class to a degree that is ludicrous when compared with power levels of even your fellow characters. And the effect you are trying to create can already be completed via existing rules. Simply use the falling objects rules and drop item on people.

I would actually say in this instance this is less of a compromise for a completed class. Most of the time it was rewording or rebalancing (there was a point you could deal a few thousand points of damage as a standard action) until we all found the wording that said "Yes! That's what I was trying to say!"

Thanks for the praise! As for shields, trust me, once you start using them you will wish you had more hands to make them even better.

On the topic of TK weapons and feats, the reason for not allowing it is to avoid ever having to make those random rules decisions for every corner case and can the weapons do this? can they do that? scenarios. Let's just avoid all forms of making things even more complicated :). And no, what you wanted to do with feats is part of the reason why not allowing it is a good thing, I had no idea what you were referencing and didn't want to look it up to let you know if that would even work. You are already blanketing a field with "soldiers" who occupy people, do you really think more power is balancing? Lol

I do look forward to hearing about your playtest. Do keep us informed about how things are going as you level and as you get more acquainted with your abilities!