View Single Post

Thread: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

1. - Top - End - #643
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

"If I recall correctly, I believe that the other entrances are a fair distance away, and the last group didn't seem to consider going around to be an option. It should, at least, grant us plenty of time.

"However, regarding the barriers, I'm actually not quite sure... it depends on how much space we'll need..."

After spending a little time gesturing to various points in the cave and discussing physics and architecture, the magicians determine that, with some extra effort, Petra's ritual should be capable of the desired drop-down effect... but only if she focuses entirely on constructing the wall. She won't have time enough to create the hiding spot.

The team agrees to let her get started on it anyway, Infernion noting that at least it will keep the patrol's own runners from escaping their ambush.

Not long after Petra sets about her work, Mai snaps her fingers and reaches into her bag for her spellbook. Thumbing through the heavily-annotated tome, she ushers everyone to the interior side of the construction area, wondering why she didn't think of it immediately.

After asking the wizard to confirm the wall's likely efficacy, Petra continues to focus on the stone and produces one more vial of residuum to maintain the ritual. At the same time, Mai-Sal completes her own spell, motioning the rest of the group to lean against the wall as an illusory extension of the cave facing wraps around them.

Just in time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Does this all look good?

I'll go deduct the cost of the ritual from Petra's reserve.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2013-04-18 at 01:15 AM.