1. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Thumbs up Re: Kickstarter Thread I: Cash for The Cash God

Divinity: Original Sin has reached minimum funding and its first stretch goal, but it has seven days left to reach for more stretch goals: ALL STRETCH GOALS ACHIEVED!

(My first post on this.)

• At $500k, a special Homestead at the end of time will be added, for you to store items, rest, leave spare henchmen to swap in and out of your party, look at the book of unraveled destinies to see the impact your actions will have on the lives of people you've met, and many more! ACHIEVED!
    • At $650k, Traits and Talents will be added - your attributes and social stats will grant you special traits. Talents are special skills that you choose to define your character, and grant you special skills in combat, in dialogues, and in other interactions. Personality Traits are reflections of the choices you've already made and have benefits and penalties associated with them. ( For instance, a Ruthless character gains certain bonuses in combat but becomes more infamous. A Loyal character receives bonuses when fighting back to back with their companion, but gets a penalty when trying to flee.)
      ACHIEVED!
    • At $800k, Henchmen become companions - they'll have quests and backstories, becoming more than just extra muscle, but full party members in their own right, with their own goals and personality. The party's decisions will change their fate.
      ACHIEVED!
    • At $1M, Day/Night Cycles, NPC Schedules, and Weather systems are added. This is not just a cosmetic feature, but it will be part of the fabric of the world. Shops will remove their items and lock up. New monsters will show up at night, and the weather system will affect the environment and magic.
      ACHIEVED!

The Larian team is one of the best at interacting with their fans and being responsive to their suggestions.

They've revamped the reward tiers, and you can now pledge through Paypal.

There's a Ton of videos showing what the game is about, what they've already done, and what they hope to do. If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer them. (Although I am not affiliated with Larian Studios.)
    Last edited by Stabbey; 2013-04-29 at 07:33 AM. Reason: all stretch goals met.