Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
Mycah can report back to Bran that two crossbow bolts and two arrows, in addition to his own, struck solid final blows on the dead hobgoblin leaders. Any of the five shots could have been a killshot of his own, and two were as good as his own, likely hitting a vital organ.

Brandon Bor

After doing some complicated multiplication and division that involve talking to himself as he counts up, Bran approaches the 3 hirelings (Bret, Jemaine and Murray) and the 4 mercenaries.

"Men, I am very proud and happy that you chose to join us that day when Algernon was killed. I said it then and I'll say it again, your courage allowed us to win, when the hobgoblins' dastardly magic had half the party paralyzed."

"Both their magic-wielding leaders are dead from your missiles. Mycah found 4 of them, in addition to his own, in their bodies."

"I did some figuring, and I got that I owe y'all a total 320 gold. No one can figure out -who- loosed the killing shafts, so to be fair I'd like to divide it by 7, which gets each man about 45 gold and some silver."

"Does that sound fine with you?"