1. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Time's Ally and Enemy [3.5 Base Class, Prestige Classes, and Feats][MUHA Entry]

I'm reviving this to give a quick change log and a request after the chronoshifter has seen play.

• First, prepared chronoshift now allows the chronoshifter to shape his chronoshifts to avoid harming allies.
    • Age and aging field now have a 3-round duration rather than a 2-round duration. This puts distort at a clear advantage for pure numbers and power at early levels, but allows age to shine with duration. Aging field just derives from that.
    • All of the "Lag" chronoshifts now allow creatures within a Close range to be affected. The chronoshifter is usually not in that much danger. When he is, he can still use these shifts on himself, but now, he'll actually be able to make use of the shifts more than once per session. If the target is affected by something, the chronoshifter feels the pain, just like before, so allies need not worry when the chronoshifter protects them.
    • Chrono barrier now clarifies that it can be used in walls and other solid objects without hindrance. In addition, creatures too large for the barrier get a bonus to their save, but are trapped if they fail, the barrier increasing in size. Creatures who succeed on their saving throw to avoid the barrier move to the closest square outside of it. Finally, the chronoshifter and his allies cannot rest and the chronoshifter can't recover shift points while trapped involuntarily.
    • Knockback bomb's maximum damage was increased to 10d4 up from 5d4 (time bomb's maximum). The knockback effect on it isn't enough to warrant the increased cost and danger in using the shift.
    • Erase's warp now has a minimum gold value on the most recently-attained magic item. If you don't have anything worth that much, your most valuable item is destroyed.

Request:

Future sight is currently pretty boring. A bonus to initiative and AC, while nice, doesn't really feel like something special to get when you level up. I want to fix this without making it too powerful.

Ideas so far:

• Add bonus on Will saves to avoid warps with prepared chronoshifts.
    • Add 25% chance to avoid prepared chronoshift's warp automatically.

Both of these are also not that interesting or fun to play with, hence my not adding them. Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2013-04-30 at 07:46 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).