Thanks for the blazingly quick and helpful reply!

Quote Originally Posted by apegamer
You cannot do anything when you rest except pick up the loot. It sounds like you're asking if you can pick up a loot, move to another room, then pick up 2 more loot and rest. If you rest in a room, you pick up (up to) 2 loot.
I was asking: can I pick up 1 loot at the beginning of my turn, then do nothing else except rest (and pick up 2 more loot.) The rules state that you can rest as long as you haven't moved or battled, and when you rest, you don't move or battle. It doesn't say anything about the other beginning of turn effects, like searching for stairs, equipping, trading things in for shticks, picking up loot, etc.

I love being able to replenish my hand periodically to get new Screw This! cards and monsters - especially since Durkon rests periodically for his other shticks.
Hmm. If you add three cards to your hand, it's that much longer before you draw 7 new ones. It's nice to hear that someone out there likes it. :) It seemed to me that instead of drawing 3 cards, I could just wait a bit and draw 7. Am I misplaying this?

Maybe in the expansion there could be a shtick that allows someone (Durkon, Haley?) to keep unused Screw This cards when they draw a new hand.

I'm not sure I understand the question.
OK, let me try again:
Durkon: Belkar, I see that you're 1 wound away from death. I could heal you with my twice-boosted Cure Assorted Wounds for 3. In compensation, I would expect loot worthy of my immense holy power of healing.
Belkar: I have this loot that you doubly drool over. Would that meet your needs, your holiness?
Durkon: Yes, my child. I heal you. (flips over the Cure Assorted Wounds spell.)
Belkar: (hands Durkon a loot card...)

Given the agreement, must Belkar give Durkon the claimed loot (i.e. does Durkon know what he's getting in advance?), or could Belkar give anything?

Thanks,
Ira