Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
Abrek's eyes widen and his eyebrows rise, "None? Why, I don't know if my people would pity yours or consider you fools. To us the scholars are the pinnacle of mortal men. Our grandest scholars are the only mortals allowed to meet in person with the Royalty. I struggle to comprehend a culture without scholarly pursuits." he starts on his new drink
"And to say it doesn't matter, to us the satisfaction of curiosity alone would be reason to dedicate a lifetime to research. Several lifetimes if necessary. In fact, I'm sure if I could tell my people about yours they would!"
Krayger shrugs. "My race's ambivalence to their own betterment has always been something that's bothered me. We love complex things, yet so few of us do anything with that aptitude. I'm an engineer, I design things. But that's unusual for us. Plenty are content to just sit in their tribes in raid people, and that's why back home I'm not normally allowed in 'civilized' settlements. It's much nicer here."
Oh and for the record the only thing Krayger is visibly wearing is a pair of black, padded pants. They're of pretty decent quality and clean. A satchel hangs from the back of his chair.