Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
Now addressed.

Also gave Paladin and the White Mage Seal Evil as a shared Job Ability.

Red Mage gets Spontaneous Spell as a replacement Job Ability:

Spontaneous Spell
Usage
: 1 / Combat
Action: Instant
Effect: The next time you would begin casting a spell, you can instead begin casting any spell from the same tier or lower and of the same magic type.
Special: You can take this Job Ability any number of times. Each time you do, you can use this Job Ability an additional time per combat.
The seal evil change makes sense for it to be White Mage or Paladin focused.

Um, but I don't see the point of spontaneous spell. Even if you did have the chance to play this without being online (where you can just take your time to figure out exactly what spell you want to cast), the Spontaneous Spell ability doesn't really seem to live up to its name. What's the point? You can change your mind before you've finished making up your mind? This especially doesn't make sense when you consider the 1.3 version (most up to date version I have) of Fast Cast where you can cast one spell per round as a standard action (which makes sense for a Red mage who is going to be both casting and attacking, assuming he has haste). Frankly, I don't see the point of neutering fast cast even further as Red Mages can no longer double cast each round with the 1.3 version, but that's another point altogether.

But again, Spontaneous Spell doesn't make sense to me. Care to elaborate?