Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
OH. YES.

That thing looks BEAUTIFUL now, and, barring further update, will be stealing away my first place vote like an idiotic girl in a teen vampire's arms.

I like the fact that the abilities are interchangeable, IE, you are FORCED to choose from several different ones. Perhaps you could have an archetype which is only *able* to choose from one of the 3, but gets some small benefit?

Those sub-options reaaaaally puts the last shine on the class, IMO.

I definitely see your point. Most of my mechanics are very complicated the first time around, and then more simple. I agree that I need to simplify further, to make it easier to use...

My best suggestion is that I'll clean it up, AND the players should write down the DCs.

I've changed this to be rolled the first time it's obtained, like HP.
Most of the boosts are fairly expensive, and Devil's Kiss only deals damage as if it was a normal fireball, in a smaller blast area.
3: The Vigors themselves need more description on their specific effects.
I don't think I understand... is it unclear what they do?

How long does BB last?
Ah, fixed. Now it's 1d4 turns.

Where do the extra fireballs from DK go, how far, and how big an explosion when they get there? Half on successful save? or none?
They go to any target within 20' of an edge of Devil's Kiss (including inwards, actually!), and only deal damage to the target chosen. This was specified in the wording.

As to save, I'll specify that in the vigors section, with the following wording: "If the Vigor deals damage, it is halved on a successful save."

Charge: Immediate attack, that can get me away from charging lion-totem-barbarians? Yes please.
My goal is that each ability has its own uses, good parts, and bad. Charge/Possession are great Out of Combat, and have some IC use as well.

Murder of crows: is that 1/3 levels? Great ability though, love it.
It is, yes. Fixed for ease of viewing.

Why does possession work on technology? and what is "technology" in DnD?
It works like that cause of Bioshock Infinite. In BS:I, it ONLY works on Tech until you get a boost... but there's not many machines or gates or anything. For "technology" I would say anything that has moving parts... doors, locks, machines, magical tech...

RtS: Absorbs up to half your *current* shield per turn, for 1 turn per level, and can redirect a third of that? So the amount it can absorb reduces every round, effectively? For me, simple things like "half damage" or "DR 10" work better, but I might just be weird. I like as little math at the table as possible.
It is now Damage Reduction. SIMPLE!

SJ: What if they succeed the save?
Damage is halved, as above.

Undertow has the most amazing knockback effect ever.
It's even better in the game, because there are railings EVERYWHERE, so people get thrown off... so it's one of the more powerful. It's also the 7th/8 obtained, so... balance.

Vigor boosts: I assume the second tier boosts are the ones that are centered. Do we need to pay salt for the T1 to use the T2? If so, the salt cost gets really high.
You can activate whichever boost you choose to. You must POSSESS the pre-requisite Boost in order to obtain the second tier, but you don't have to use its salts. I'll clarify that under Vigor Boosts.

All in all, I love the idea of the class, but I think it needs more clarity.
[/SPOILER]
Welp, hopefully that cleans up most of the problems... what other clarity issues did you see? I'd like to clean it up as much as possible, as I know it's a little rough.