View Single Post

Thread: Seeking Mercy Chatter

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Seeking Mercy Chatter

As Revenant speaks, Shaada's hand slides away from her sword, and she relaxes a fraction. "Ah... Disguise has never been a challenge, to be honest. My mother cast spells before I was born to force me into a human shape - the strain of the spells is part of what killed her, as I understand. Maintaining the form once her spells ran out was no difficulty - by then, I was perhaps ten, and pouring energy into a spell-form you have worn so long is no great challenge. Mastering the control of my externalized power was more of a challenge; I had no one to teach me, so I had to design my own spells, and create my own channels through which to cast."

She pauses, contemplative, as she thinks about the next question. "I have no idea what will happen when I die. This body is a true one - it is as real as any of yours - so I assume it will remain, but whether or not my soul will remain complete, as would a mortal's, or dissipate into the substance of the Plane of Elemental Fire as another elemental's might, I have no idea. I have rarely ever met other elementals, to be honest, and I may well be the only natural half-breed to exist... I don't look forwards to finding out, anyways."

Listening to Eirea speak, she looks curious. "Your mother studies elementals? How fascinating! Does she study all of the extraplanar races, or merely those from the Elemental Planes? I wouldn't object to showing you my native form when we're on the road - I rarely assume it, but it is no great trouble. Perhaps you could introduce me to your mother, some time? I am always looking for more information on elementals, and it is rare I have the chance to speak to someone who studies them."
    Last edited by Aard_Rinn; 2013-06-02 at 01:30 PM.
    Hole-in-the-trachea syndrome - a life-threatening condition affecting 10 out of 10 people who **** WITH ME!
    I'm what doctors call a carrier - it doesn't affect me, but people I come into contact with have an elevated risk of contracting a terminal case of hole-in-the-trachea syndrome!
    Oh, sure - laugh. Most people do - the full scope and tragedy doesn't really hit until it's someone you love who's got a terminal case of hole-in-the-trachea.