1. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Vigilantism and the Lawful Alignment in OotS

Quote Originally Posted by Carry2 View Post
    The thing is, I'm looking at this from the perspective of a reader who hasn't, say, read the prequels or is aware of Word of God (who should in any case be showing, not just telling.) From that perspective, it's not particularly obvious that Shojo has made Azure City more anarchic or that Tarquin has made the western continent less pleasant. It's possible, but it's not actually demonstrated- the key evidence is either completely off-panel and off-record, or muddies the picture considerably (i.e, the behaviour of azurite nobles hardly being LN, the prior state of the western continent being less organised but also more violent.)

Tarquin, approaches: Subversion of justice, blackmail, manipulation, deceit, arbitrary imprisonment, use of violent force when people won't see it his way.
    Tarquin, motives: Unite the continent and reduce long-term conflict and suffering.

Shojo, approaches: Subversion of justice, blackmail, manipulation, deceit, arbitrary imprisonment, use of violent force when people won't see it his way.
    Shojo, motives: Unite azure city and reduce long-term conflict and suffering.

Now, Tarquin is, by all appearances, more extreme is his approach, but that's largely a difference of degree, not kind. Going by in-comic evidence, I'd have pegged Tarquin at somewhere between TN and NE, and Shojo at somewhere between TN and NG. These guys could productively swap notes, is what I'm saying.
    Alright, let's see. You're refusing to acknowledge in-comic evidence because it's not explicit enough... but earlier you were assuming that Azure City's nobles are the type to start a civil war if incited. You're cherry-picking to the highest degree in order to support your conviction that Shojo can't be Chaotic Good. I wash my hands on this argument.
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-06-06 at 05:00 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.