The spirit talks to you in an anguished voice.

"I was the patriarch of this house. So glad was I to see my second son after word had reached us that the army had failed. He came to us a couple of weeks ago, during the night. No one saw him enter. He had a high temper and was delusional. I took him in immediately. The next night he killed his younger sister. I was shocked. He loved her dearly, and they would always spend time together when time permitted. I didn't want this shame on my house, so I...buried her in the cellar.

As the weeks went by, my son's behavior became increasingly erratic and violent until I had to contain him in the very same basement. One night I went down to feed him his meal and he had...changed. He was feasting on the remains of his sister. He growled and spit angrily at me, but he did not attack. I think deep down he knew who I was and was somehow able to barely restrain himself from attacking me.

A few nights later, he couldn't hold back anymore. He killed me and then went upstairs and killed the rest of the family. Oh my dear Miho, forgive me. He somehow sensed that I lingered on, having all this death on my hands. I lingered in the basement, and that is where he generally stayed. He would go out at nights and bring back animals, but thankfully, no more humans. And then you four came and put my son out of his misery. I thank you, what little thanks from a grieving spirit can mean."

((I believe it's two questions))