Quote Originally Posted by Carry2 View Post
* Even in the scenario where the nobles have no significant armed forces- which is at odds with all the tropes of feudal nobility and Hinjo's eagerness to enlist their aid during the battle for azure city- you're still describing a situation akin to Menzoberranzan politics, which is neither L nor G. This kind of 'uncertainty' was not being resolved with reform, it was being resolved with knives in the senate.
"Hey, this bad thing happened in a mostly Evil city where a bunch of mostly Evil dark elves who worship totally Evil demons made a bunch of mostly Evil choices, so that means that the same thing MUST happen in a mostly Good city where a bunch of mostly Good humans who worship mostly Good gods and are likely to make mostly Good choices."

* Yes, I can make up the details in my head on this point as to why Shojo is CG and as to why Tarquin is LE. But that means I'm making up my own story in which it happens that Shojo is unambiguously CG and Tarquin is clear-cut LE.
So, your argument is that I'm supposed to dance on a string and write the scenes you want to read? Is that it? And that I'm somehow failing in my duties if I don't?

The story is provided as-is, with no guarantees that it will answer every question you might have. If you don't like it, write your own story. Either a totally new one, or write some fanfiction in your head that fixes the perceived problems. But either way, you're not getting what you want from me. They have the alignments they have because of all the reasons I've already said on this thread in great length, and that's all you're getting. If you can't be satisfied with that, that's on you.

Well, if the story has a lesson about the consequences of your actions, I'm not sure I see the connection. If the city being razed by invading enemies and falling into near-anarchy is Not His Fault, then Shojo's story is not about the consequences of his actions. Shojo cannot be simultaneously credited and not-credited for essentially random external factors like Xykon's invasion and Miko going haywire. (I mean, Miko's particularly slippery slope was well and thoroughly greased.) If, on the other hand, the point you wanted to make was that Shojo's policies should have worked really great under ordinary circumstances, then this is not obvious from the strip.
The story was about the consequences of his lie to the paladins, not to the nobles or the general populace. And the result of those actions was that one of the people he was lying to went nuts and killed him when they found out. That's it. That's all it was about. All this other stuff you care about with the government and the nobles and Law or Chaos—none of that matters to the story. That's just background information. It's not necessary, it's not interesting, it's just set-up. I wasn't making ANY point about the efficiency of Shojo's policies, because this is not a political treatise. It's an adventure story. If it fell apart, that had more to do with thrusting the protagonists into a less certain situation where they couldn't run to their patron to fix it.

TL:DR- Fine, I must have gotten the wrong impression. But that impression was easy to get.
Not that easy, since these characters have existed for years and you're the first person to complain.