View Single Post

Thread: A spellcasters worst nightmare

1. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A spellcasters worst nightmare

I designed a SpellFire Golem who instead of being flat out immune to magic would absorb any spell directed at it much like a rod of absorption. It also had high spell resistance for area attacks. To add insult to injury its slams hit with a greater dispelling and any buff dispelled would also be absorbed. It can absorb up to its strength score in spell levels.

What can it do with these absorbed spells, heal it self as a swift action (5hp/ per spell level) Hurl a bolt of spellfire 4d6+1d6 per absorbed spell level(max the golem's hit dice) also a swift action. Oh and I almost forgot they can see magical auras, have minimal intelligence and ranks in spellcraft allowing for a limited ability for strategy. The first time my party fought one it tore them in half largely because they were all heavily buffed so it kept absorbing spell energy to heal it self.

A spell caster lives and dies by his buffs the absolute worst thing you can do to him is a creature that not only dispels his buffs but uses that same energy to empower it self.

Now its a homebrew monster but is inspired by spell fire so it fit into faerun.
    Last edited by Lord Vukodlak; 2013-06-07 at 10:24 AM.