Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
or (C), stop participating in message board arguments with people who want me to change what I'm doing to fit their own ideas.

I think I'll do that one.
I am honestly not trying to write your story for you, and if I've given that impression, I apologise. (Actually, a large part of the reason why I haven't given more constructive suggestions here and elsewhere is because I don't want to come off as trying to do your job. Which is, in any case, something I highly doubt I could do.)

FWIW, I've held off writing fanfic in the OOTSverse in part because I want to see where the various characters wind up (or came from) once the final arcs wrap up. I do want to see what you have to say on these topics before I even contemplate trying to fill in the gaps, so to speak. So while I may give the impression of being unduly critical, I just have very little to add to the 70-80% of your writing I wholly agree with. I wouldn't be sticking around otherwise.

But, quite separately from whether these debates bother you personally, some idiot might get Start of Darkness on loan and come away with the idea that it's legit for his paladin PC to slaughter goblin toddlers*. Which nobody here wants.

So, I mean, if you want to take this in a constructive spirit and say to yourself "Hmm, that's interesting, maybe I'll bear that in mind going forward", then... that would be good. Or... don't.

* Yes, I know. Dramatic impetus. Good people can do bad things. Maybe all the Falling happened off-panel. But since that context is all off-panel, and going by the evidence of some vigorous forum debates, at least a few people got exactly the wrong impression.