1. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Vigilantism and the Lawful Alignment in OotS

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Especially once you consider the fact that the whole freaking book was about Redcloak and Right-Eye, as protagonists.
    Which was the point I made in my prior post.

ETA to not double post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carry2 View Post
    All I'm saying is, taking some pastel shade of orange and saying "it's Red. Definitely Red" is going to invite disagreement from certain quarters.
    Problem with this is, lots of people here don't agree with you about it being a shade of Orange.

Relatedly, people for years tried to claim that Belkar (v1.0 if we must) was anything other than Chaotic Evil.

Which is... amazing.

If people will argue in all seriousness over the alignment of someone like Belkar, I think trying to find unanimity over alignement discussion is pointless and fruitless.

Or to put it another way, if people can look at shade of color that Belkar was painted in and argue over it, how can one possibly conclude that they won't argue over characters with a bit more depth to them?
    Last edited by Porthos; 2013-06-07 at 12:34 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb