Quote Originally Posted by Carry2 View Post
As I've already mentioned (last paragraph,) I am not conflating Chaos with Evil. I am simply refusing to blur the distinction between Lawful and Chaotic methods to the point of being meaningless.
You can call an apple an orange all you want, but it's still an apple. You may not think that's what you are doing, but it's what you are doing.

This narrow and rigid interpretation of the alignment system that you have provides no room for real characters to operate within real events. Neither the game, nor real life, is as simple as "always tell the 100% truth". Moral dilemmas are real. They exist, both in games and in real life. People and characters are faced with them. If you do not allow the lines to blur, then you have created a standard for lawful that no one can meet. That does not sound like a workable alignment system to me.

You need to get past this. Most children learn "lies are always bad" is not an absolute truth somewhere around kindergarten, and that the good guys have flaws and the bad guys have feelings somewhere in elementary school.