[Soul Society]
(The Memorial)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
Koutarou shot a glare towards Naijeru that practically screamed "how rude!" in tones that would make a Menos shrink. It was accompanied by a cough for emphasis.

He didn't like interruptions, from the look of it.

"Naijeru-kun, there is this thing called 'tact' that you would greatly benefit from. I'll lend you a book sometime." Koutarou turned back to Masaru. "It is likely the Pack will be facing a lot of additions soon. Lots of inexperienced recruits. People who won't be able to learn everything before they go to war.

They are our charges, Masaru-kun. We will need to train them properly."
Masaru's eyes widen slightly at the news.

"Well. If they can't learn everything. We'll teach them enough, and keep them safe as part of The Pack. It's what we do. We train hard so we can keep on living."

He looks back over to Naijeru with a slight frown.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
Naijeru gives a flat stare to Koutarou before he says, "It may be blunt but I feel it's bit more prudent to be blunt and dance 'round less in times like this. So please keep yer book. However yer right about needin' train the new recruits."

He then looks at Masaru not really bothered by the testyness, in fact he expected it. He still needed to know. "Both really. I mean a lot has happened in the time you woke up. I want to know how you are feeling. We are friends after all."
"Koutarou-san is correct. And please do not tell him to be silent; Scarlet and I were having a perfectly respectable conversation before you arrived."

His own expression was now carefully neutral.

"As for my feelings. That is my business, and my decision to share or not. And while we are comrades in arms and part of the Pack, I am not so certain joint participation in a few drinking binges necessarily makes us friends. And that's the sort of thing I'm trying to leave behind me as I forge my new path."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mortal World]
(Streets, post Shell Scrapper)

Charles Anderson looked about himself as the Hollow Shell Scrapper faded away, the Garganta sealing back up. He calmly folded up his rifle and stowed it on his back, reaching down to pick up the spent SSB. It was tucked into his bandoleer, with the other one quickly retrieved after another high-speed step. He glanced at Natsuki and Tamaki before looking back at the family of spirits, giving them a friendly smile and tip of his slouch hat.

"Either of you able to get these fine folks moving along?"

He'd clearly heard Tamaki's statement about the park, but felt that the family's situation warranted more immediate concern.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mortal World]
(Cathedral of the Trifold Eye)

Thomas had let Oscar and Alexandra move on to the catacombs without a word. He closed his eyes for a few moments, nursing his tea and considering the things he felt in the distance.

'Hm. A lot of potential running around out there. But with so many of them, it will take effort to get them to each consider our work...'

Finishing the tea, he gathered up the dishes and took them to the kitchen, taking a few minutes to clean them.

He could feel the low hum of the not-quite-confrontation at the door of the Cathedral. Isabelle could take care of herself, and keeping the rest of the residents happy and calm was important if things did go south.

After the dishes he'd made were clean, he quietly headed down to the more finished part of the basement/catacombs, right below the Cathedral.

His wards were done, but he felt it wouldn't hurt to look through some of the manuscripts about the King, Queen, and Knights to get a better feel for things. And it was an interesting subject unto itself!