Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
Stupid... stupid... stupid
You're confusing "has not read the rulebooks" with stupid. If Undead-traits are not common knowledge in this world, their mistakes are excusable.
Dorukan's less than Xykon's less than Lirians.

How should Lirian know about undead? She's a druid. Undead are the last thing she cares about and that she wants to care about.
How should Xykon know about Ghosts? He's explicitly no nerd who reads sourcebooks and research material (Redcloak is, and he knew).

This is not "stupid". You're assuming that every character in the world has to be played by a perfeclty knowledgeble D&D-Geek player or the character is "stupid".

Dorukan should have done some more research, but maybe he had none about undead available in his dungeon and he could not really leave anymore. He was rash, but I would not say he was outright stupid because he left without Death Ward. But I do not want that silly discussion again, the point is: Just because they failed for being "non-perfectly played characters" does not make then stupid.
The assumption that all knowledge from all sourcebooks is available to every adenturer has been shown wrong in the OotS-verse.

In that regard, there's no stupidity in the characters here. In fact, I find it very good most characters lack a lot of knowledge that players usually throw around.