1. - Top - End - #578
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Vigilantism and the Lawful Alignment in OotS

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I have a massive objection to "active" vs. "passive" being treated as a moral issue.
    That would put you in extreme minority status if you think that "allowing to happen" is the same as "actively bringing about."

{EDIT - Not that there's anything wrong about being in minority status on morality, but then your opinion on the subject doesn't make for a solid basis for evaluating the alignment system or OOTS, which is based on a common fantasy-reader's conception of morality. }

Quote Originally Posted by BroomGuys View Post
    This is something I've kinda wondered about in Oots. The Deva evaluating Roy implicitly refers to NG and CG as "easier" alignments, and the whole evaluation thing plays out like the question is "did Roy manage to earn a LG alignment, or does he get shipped off to NG?"
    We are talking about a Lawful Good Deva here, and she didn't actually say anything about NG or CG being easier that I recall (please correct me with a link if I'm wrong). It would certainly be easier on her since she is only deals with the categories of "LG" and "somebody else's problem."
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2013-06-16 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Added a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar