Separately, for once:

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
I think you are right about it being easier to be neutral. In an earlier post the Giant said it takes greater than usual effort to be lawful. The default alignment in D&D is neutral. I think adventurers, in particular, will find the chaotic alignment easy to keep, as its easy for them to value freedom over authority and conformity, not necessarily that easy for the corporate salaryman, soldier, bureaucrat and other types working in lawful environments (particularly low to mid-level non-creative types).
What the Giant said was that it takes more effort than usual to adhere to a self-made code, because there is no external authority holding one to that code.

You previously conceded that adventuring is not a particularly Chaotic profession, even if it is a chaotic one. Are you going back to that? Because we can rehash that whole discussion, if you'd like, but I doubt we'll arrive at a different result.

Quote Originally Posted by BroomGuys View Post
But the dialogue really plays out like Roy would be pretty bummed if he got sent to the NG afterlife. The scene really loses its impact if it doesn't matter so much whether he "gets in" or not.

Edit: The link in this post also includes this quote from the Deva: "They figure that if they can't manage it perfectly every waking second, then they should just pick some other alignment because it'll be easier." This comes directly as she's explaining why she doesn't chuck Roy down to the NG afterlife.
Each of these claims is interpreted through the lens of the person issuing them. The Deva considers the LG afterlife the ideal to strive for. The Deva thinks NG is to some extent an afterlife for people who couldn't hack it as Lawful. Roy thinks the same way.

But that doesn't make it so. The CG Deva will have different opinions on which afterlife is the best and which alignment is the hardest to adhere to.

There is a good case to be made, however, that being Neutral on either axis is objectively easier than being on either end of said axis, because people without strong tendencies end up as Neutral, while people with strong tendencies can be anywhere on the axis.