View Single Post

Thread: Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XXIII

1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XXIII

A 205 Partial: The item Amulet of Freedom of Speech will do what you want for 5k, no UMD. Find it in Icy Heart pg 6.

I assume that the UMD would be the same as emulating a race with speech, so 25.
    A205 Continuance
    There is a difference between 'mute' and 'unable to speak'. If you can make a speech-like sound (ie, vocalize in any way) then you could use the 'Activate Blindly' option of Use Magic Device. That's a DC 25 check. If you cannot make a sound at all, then you cannot use this option, since you must perform an action similar to that which would activate the item normally in order to use Active Blindly. You would require further magical assistance to be able to speak a command word or generate an equivalent sound at that point.

(Amulet of Freedom of Speech is found in the Icy Heart adventure module on the Wizards website.)
    Thank you. Precisely what I was looking for.

A 194 (cont.)

Upon checking, the Enveloping Pit appears to be cylindrical like the Portable Hole, though the former has a ten foot diameter to the latter's six (I remembered wrong and thought they were the same) in addition to the extra depth.

In which case, the Enveloping Pit actually holds ~13.9 times as much.
    Thank you as well. However how many does that make precisely?
    Part of my problem is a healthy dose of math-lexia. (Seriously, it's a thing. I get by most of the time because gamers tend to memorize every permutation of the dice they use.)
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2013-06-18 at 08:18 PM.