View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 2

1. - Top - End - #1241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 2

I'm working a sales job right now. Over the last two weeks, I've worked... roughly 8 hours in demos. In that time, i've made roughly $270 on commission alone. I should be thrilled. Instead I feel like I've been cheated, manipulated and lied to every step of the way.

This job... it's not so much that the job is difficult when I'm actually doing it, it's actually pretty fun to cut up a pineapple. But the whole time, I'm being pushed and pushed by my bosses to do more. Those 8 hours above are the times I'm making money... but I'm also called in to the office over and over (often for just short chats that could very easily be done over the phone) so that I've also been at the office for 20-30 hours a week. And that stuff ain't paid. Which was okay when I started since most of it was training, but it's starting to piss me off.

I feel lied to because I was told we could set our own hours, and that things have simultaneously been mandatory and had a requirement (da fug?!). I feel manipulated because I am unsure (on purpose, i'm beginning to suspect) what's required and what isn't. And i feel cheated because most of my time on this job has been spent either talking to my manager on the phone or just sitting at the office, learning how to sell stuff or celebrating the sales we've made.

And most of all I feel awful that I feel this way because I've made so much money so quickly and shouldn't be whining about it being hard
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2013-06-20 at 08:09 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig