View Single Post

Thread: LGBTAitP #37: Once upon a time...

1. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP #37: Once upon a time...

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Morning! And yeah, agreed on Misfile.

Not sure if Twokinds ought to be included? (Spoilered for being spoilery about the existence of characters and their secrets:)

Spoiler
    Show
    Not getting into the whole Kaidran/Basitans potentially being metaphors thing, because I don't think that's actually the intent, it's got a character who lost their gender due to mental damage from a spell, and had to share their brother's; not sure how well it's handled, though, as it's been ages since I read any of it.
    Ooh, Twokinds. Love that comic. ^_^

Spoilery stuff of certain Spoilooooom!
    Spoiler
    Show
    They actually draw some quite obvious parallels, to the point of mentioning historical trans people in their world. I personally think they handle it very well, but I am biased by liking the comic. ^_^'

Keidran and Basitans were stated by the author to exist in order to discuss racism in a fantastic setting, but I am not sure if that is the metaphor you are referring to. Is it?

All in all, I think we should add it. It generally portrays GRSM matters positively and is quite a nice tale overall.

EDIT:

@Akowrules: I'm sure you are doing worthwhile things, even if they consist of just recharging for the summer. A job certainly shouldn't be the only way to feel useful, at least not according to this never-had-a-job-in-her-life Kobold. ^_^

Oh, and in regards to manners; I've never really seen anyone move out of lane at a store like that, but I do often get thanked for holding the door for everybody and I have at many points been in a situation where all parties were trying to let the others go first. That may have more to do with how obscure the Danish rules about vehicle and pedestrian traffic interaction are, though.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2013-06-21 at 10:46 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.