View Single Post

Thread: Tippy's Terrifically Terrible Trial

1. - Top - End - #769
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Tippy's Terrifically Terrible Trial

While any class can use parts of the build, there are a couple of abilities unique to a monk - Unarmed Damage progression, Flurry progression (which is an enhanced TWF that works on 2 handed weapons), Unarmored Speed progression, AC progression.
    These are the abilities I try to synergize and capitalize on.

Fulfilment of criteria
    Spoiler
    Show

I present:
    Rorc Lee, the Half-Orc Lv 20 Monk

The TLDR version is Ubercharger that does “Over 90006000!” damage and is able to treat every roll as a natural 20. (Turned out I had an extra parameter in my excel formula, so damage was incorrectly calculated as 9000+ instead of 6000+)

Warning : I overdid it methinks…kinda hard to read even with tables
    Race
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats

• Awaken specifics - Hire NPC spellcaster to "Polymorph any Object" Rorc Lee into a Tree, then cast a Maximized Empowered Awaken to get 18 + (0.5 x 3d6). Repeat until I get max on the rolls. If Epic feats allowed (Gate scrolls with high enough CL to gate in Epic level Solars/Dragonwrought Kobold), I will use Intensified.
    • Would have also tried polymorphing into a animal subsequently for another Maximum Empowered Awaken to get an arbitarily high Cha. But I'm not sure if the 2 HD messes with this challenge, and also whether this pushes it into the no infinite loops restriction.
    • Timeless body allows Rorc Lee to gain +3 to Mental abilites from aging without suffering physical penalties.

Class Levels

Feats

Equipment Total Costs = 715,912

Primary Weapon
    Spoiler
    Show

Weapons

Secondary Weapons
    Spoiler
    Show

Part 1 of 2
    Last edited by shaikujin; 2013-07-01 at 11:33 AM.