EMBOH Air Vault

Spoiler
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
[EMBOH Air-Vault]

"Hey! Lemme go!"
Getting snagged by a hideous cyborg wasn't on the little speedy...wingless pixie's agenda for the day, it it displays this rather clearly.
Mostly by biting at Magtok's fingers before it gets chucked off the vault.

"I am not sure. I think you should have given him a chance. Maybe he could have been amusing."
To Libby, if no one else.

Of course, she's still trying to pretend she's not actually helping him (which...she hasn't done at all so far, has she?), so quipping at her partner's choices are the best her role can offer.
She's really good at being a background voice.

And there was no rocket to notice!
Mostly because they were still getting the launcher.
"Hey, how do you turn this thing on?"
"The blue button, dummy. Did you pay attention at all during the briefing?"
"...yes?"

A puff of smoke from below and what seems to be some impossibly electrified rocket is launched their way.
How does that even work? There's nothing for the electricity to arc to.
"The arcanotech would be slightly more impressive if the wielders didn't appear to be deliberately incompetent."

"I can't say I'm not more than a little disappointed by the quality of superhuman we have on display here, yeah."

The cyborg pales, knowing full well what Tesla cannons, EMP grenades, RPPs (Rocket-Propelled-Pikachus) and the like are capable of doing to his circuitry. He puts a hand to his wrist, and reluctantly relays an order to the enormous ship carrying the vault up and away.

"Ground Control to Major Tom, we have a situation down here, switch to evasive maneuvers! Libby, I strongly recommend you hold on to some-"

Aaaaaaaaaaugh! Magtok is immediately thrown against one of the vaults walls, the entirety of the thing swaying in the air as their escape craft tries to abruptly twist out of the way of the rocket! He promptly falls to the ground, and then crashes against the opposite wall, before finally remembering one of the shiny new features of his particular brand of MagClone. He activates the magnet-boots, hoping against hope he won't have to actually try walking or anything until this nightmare is over.