Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
I believe he was referring to the Griffon royal Family, who are apparently unfit to rule.
Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
What? No! I have nothing but respect for Equestria's polyarchy. Roll with it. By the Queen, don't you dare not roll with it! I was talking about the Griffin royal family.
Oh! Uh... Gerry looks sheepish, grinning awkwardly out from under the forelock of his mane. You caught me. Sorry, it's an occupational thing. I've been dealing with the nobility long enough that... Wait, poly—

Luckily, a stuffy unicorn cuts him off and he puts down te conversational trowel before he can dig any deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Doom View Post

"Your pay will be 10,000 bits each."
He looks at Iron Wing. "In your case, your pay will be the crown itself, dependent on my unconditional access to it at least one day out of seven so that I may study it. Should somepony else wish for alternative payment, or have any questions, now would be an opportune time to voice them."
Gerry shakes his head.

Myth shakes his head even before the griffon finishes his questions. "There was no indication as to where the others are, Copper Feather, simply that they are well-hidden and somewhere in Equestria. As for their appearances..." He grimaces. "The one hidden in the mountain is a sapphire, but there was no mention as to size, shape, recognizability, or precise location within. The others I can only guess at. We'll have to test every sapphire we find in there manually."
"Unfortunately, the journal was lacking in details," he replies with a grimace. "I only know the location and that to gain entrance, one must speak a particular phrase in Tauran. Whatever else he may have been, Sapphire Secrets was certainly well-educated in linguistics."
I wonder what his real name is? Gerry snickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
*Laughs*A sapphire Gem hidden by a Pony named Sapphire?

On the Topic of finding the Gem, there are two possibilities that come to mind.

1. it is in an elaborate chamber behind a secret door at a point that is physically furthest from the entrance, behind the deadliest traps.

Or

2. in a pile of Junk next to the entrance, with the gem in the above mentioned chamber being a fake.

At least, that's how it goes in most stories and legends.

As elaborate death traps were not, many centuries ago, a cliche, the first is most likely.

So before we leave, we should probably update our wills.

Steal, there are 500 bits in my saddle bags, if I die, you may have them.

...Mines done!
*Snorts in Laughter*
I'm looking forward to death traps, myself! I haven't seen many of those, and none from before the recent reprinting of Dering Doo. I can't wait to see if tey all really involve scorpions, sand and mind puzzles!