1. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.P] Sharpening the Mind: A Guide to the Pathfinder Soulknife

I have a few questions/problems. There are some parts in your guide I do not agree with your interpretations or your writting of the class. First I have to say that I just have access to the online SRD of Pathfinder so if the wording is different in the books forgive me.

First is Quick Draw: I can't see why the PF Soulknife gets the feat instead of just the ability to create the mindblade as a free action. The name of the Classfeature is Quick Draw but it states nowhere the Knife gets the feat.

Second is about resting/reshaping: You mention a few times that you can just take the 8 hours of resting to reshape (referring to readjusting the enhancement boni here) your mindblade but it explicitely states these 8 hours can't be the same 8 hours to readjust your mindblade. So you had to rest 8 hours and readjust it another 8 totalling in 16.

You should mention the size increase dilemma for Reaching Blade. I feel it was badely worded because what happens if you increase your reach and use expansion then? Then your range would be 20ft since it doubles but if you use expansion first and then reaching blade your range would just be 15ft. I'm not sure that was intended or not.

Combat Slide is problematic for me because by RAW you can't do a 5 ft step and then use your Combat Slide but you can use your Combat Slide first and then your regular one (though even that might be wrong if you take the one 5 ft step rule literally)

Bladestorm is great with expansion to huge and reaching blade (if you use the favourable ruling) .... effectively turning you into a living Fireball (without the annoying save/SR thingy) and without the way worse Bladestorm Blade Skill.

That's everything I could think of now but if I find something else I'll let you know.

edit: If you haven't though about it yet add the following tip to the Gifted Blade Archetype

Feats: Spend your 3rd Levelfeat on Psicrystal Affinity (take Nimble for flavour and power in one package) and Share Pain via Expanded Knowledge at Level 11. Typcial Tanktrick for Psions it's now also availabe to the Soulknife.
    Last edited by Feint's End; 2013-07-09 at 11:34 AM.