Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
A few things I've noticed and wondered about while reading illuminations-

Some of the options for barriers mention using barriers to target someone rather than making an area... but there is no shape that does this. Is this an artifact of previous versions, or a hint of something that is intended to be there later?

For barricades barriers... if you want to pass through, you can pass through. If you don't want to pass through, you don't have to pass through. But what happens if something is inanimate? Does an object pass through or not? If stab through the barrier with a spear, is that fine? What about if I try and use a barricade as an umbrella- will I get soaked if I haven't spent 12 motes on it? And would it deflect hail just the same as the rain? What about falling boulders?

Assuming that you can use an assault illumination in a full attack, if I hit someone with a flare invocation on my first attack, then hit them with an iterative attack, does that trigger the flare? It is in the same action as the attack, though logically it would seem to be a different source of damage, since it is a distinct attack.

Edit: Also something on personas- for The Magician, you can create items. And there's a DC limitation, and a duration limitation which I can see. On the other hand... I can't see any kind of size limitation.
...is there anything preventing me from making Instant Palace, Just Add Empath?

Oh, and there isn't actually any wording that indicates that an Empath can change their illuminations. (Between levels, that is).
A few more additions to these items:

As it stands, Empaths either cannot change costume effects (as they don't prepare illuminations) or can change costume effects as a swift action (if you count changing personas as preparing illuminations). Either of these seems a little off. This was stated earlier in the thread, but it appears to have been overlooked.

What if you want to go unarmored? Say you have some monk levels in there, or some kind of casting ability, or just anything that penalizes you for wearing armor. Right now, trying to use that with magical girl just cuts out abilities from one or the other simply because all costumes count as armor, no matter what you do. My advice would be to make a fourth costume of some kind that does not count as armor. Perhaps something with a really low armor bonus, but also no penalties or max dex?

Empath just seems bare bones at the moment. I think it's nonetheless my favorite of the classes, but Champion is getting bonus enhanced armaments, and cartridges, and things like mettle and the meaning of courage. Stargazer gets complex formula, and luminous reservoir, and like Champion, a list of smaller but meaningful features. Empath just gets personas. Admittedly, personas are amazing... but it still feels a bit dry. I think they could use something more to fill out those levels, if only for flavor.

Heart of War is kinda crazy. With most of the fighter feats its okay, but once you introduce the better ones, things like Martial Study, it gets way better. Maybe too much better, once your number of known personas starts growing. Spend a feat to get multiple good feats? Who wouldn't do that?