Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
Well, I don't know what to say except that I have no idea where you're getting that from. I literally have never written Crystal do anything Lawful, ever, other than take orders from a guy who only gives her orders she wants to do anyway (i.e. kill people). The closest there has ever been to an order Crystal didn't already want to do was, "Don't kill this person yet." And even then, I see her following it more because she knows Bozzok is smarter than her and probably has an awesome scheme, even though she reeeeeally wants to do it now. Being able to delay gratification slightly does not make you Lawful; it may make you not-as-Chaotic-as-you-could-be. Heck, if Bozzok died, Crystal would probably drift to full-bore Chaotic Evil in about a week, tops.

Elan took orders from Sir Francois and Roy, Haley took orders from her father, Right-Eye took orders from Xykon, but that doesn't make any of them blindly obedient or Lawful. Crystal just happens to have a job where she likes her boss and gets to do what she wants 99% of the time.
I'm not going to tell you you're wrong about your character's alignment, of course, but bear in mind, I don't (didn't) have the inside information you do about what Crystal would do in other situations or why she does what she does. Onstage, unless I'm forgetting something (which I well might be), she never disobeys an order. Never acts as if disobeying an order is an option she has any more than she has the option of flapping her arms and flying to the moon. Never does anything she isn't ordered to do, unless jumping in when she wasn't specifically addressed to say things like, "There is no 'I' in Thieves Guild!" or "Our thieves are only allowed to steal from the people our thieves are allowed to steal from!" counts. By contrast, Elan's, ah, "initiative" nearly got Sir Francois killed multiple times, Haley is conspicuously going against her father right now, and Redcloak's brother only obeyed Xykon in the presence of immediate threats to his life and the lives of his loved ones.

Again, I'm not contesting that Crystal is Neutral Evil. I'm just surprised to learn it.