Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
I am afraid I think Xykon would be just as bad--would be, even, fully as evil as he is now--if he learned the truth of the Dark One's ritual and gave up the Plan for an equally brutal plan for world domination that happened to have no chance of global annihilation.
No, just saner.

And then there's Nale. Rich described him as no less evil than Xykon. Yet, there is no indication that his plans feature the possible or definite destruction of the world anywhere. I guess that's not Rich's definition either then.
If tampering with the gates doesn't sound like risking killing the whole Ootsworld, then I don't know if we read the same comic.

...Wow. I wonder how many people would agree that "your child will disappear shortly after being born, you will never see her again, and incidentally all your money will go as well, and I'm not actually offering you a choice or a warning here, this is all going to come as a horrible surprise to you after you get fooled into thinking one of my homegrown sociopaths is in love with you" is not asking much. Very few, I hope.

And your claim that Girard was doing everyone, or anyone other than himself, a service is as completely unsupported as it ever was. Your claim that he was "risking his family for the world's benefit" is even worse; I understand the chain that leads to the first (it goes, "Wanting to have something to stand on is a selfless motivation,"); I don't get what you're talking about with the latter at all. If his family (if he would even have a family without kidnapping, which is another extremely questionable claim) simply left the gate to its own devices they would be destroyed with the world or ground under Xykon's heel with everyone else in the world.
I never said Girard was right; mostly just that his actions are not fully explained by his alignment, which I'm not even sure of. He's putting his family in danger by tasking them with guarding the gate, but it's paranoia, not good or evil, making him do these awful things for this wonderful reason.

Roy said he was doing everyone a favor, not me.