Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Well, it was certainly a grower. At first, I liked the beginning, but it began to lose me into the mid-section and towards the end. Gave it a couple more listens and enjoyed the whole thing more thoroughly. I can see where the Fen comparisons come in, if evidently lighter on the post-rock vibe.

On another note, I've been listening to a lot of My Dying Bride lately. Anybody into them? Anybody give their latest album a try?
If you listened to Curse, then the last song, Name of the Wind, is simply amazing.

I dig My Dying Bride, yeah. If you're talking about A Map of All Our Failures, I've got it. It's... well, it's good. It's just that their old stuff is so much better. Turn Loose the Swans and The Angel and the Dark River are still two of my favourite albums. But yeah, their music is so deliciously slow and ponderous.

Oh! Check out The Barghest O' Whitby, the EP they did last year. It's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by RationalGoblin View Post
So has there been any good power metal this year? I haven't been able to find much metal recently.
I've heard good things about the new White Wizzard, yeah. Also the new Satan, which I've heard bits of. Sounded rocking. Also the new Powerwolf, which I've never heard of before but sounds pretty good.

Oh, and does Stratovarius count? Remember that they released Nemesis way back at the start of the year, and it is amazing.

And I'm also eagerly looking forward to the new Iced Earth.