View Single Post

Thread: D&D Snippets II: The Snippetting

1. - Top - End - #459
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Snippets II: The Snippetting

Quote Originally Posted by mebecronck View Post
    Here it is. Chapter 2 .... part 1.

I actually got more planned. This is just the first draft, F.Y.I.

Spoiler
    Show

Jessica's Misadventures
    in High School

Chapter 2
    Advent Angel?

"Maybe taking it slow wasn't a good idea. It didn't seem that far on the map." Hindsight catches up with her again. Jessica thought that if she took the flight slow that her wings won't be so sore when she reaches California. The Sun is starting to set behind her, and she is having a hard time keeping altitude. On top of that, she is getting hungry.

Just when she was starting to think that the map is wrong or that perhaps she got turned around in the flight, the shoreline comes into view. Sandy beaches greeting her with gentle waves. What at a distance she assumed is marine life she now realizes is actually boats rocking in the water.

A smile spreads across her face, "Land! Our second reunion of the day is even better than our first." She is so enthusiastic to meet the people and see the sights, but common sense takes over. 'I must calm myself. This is my first impression, and I must present myself calmly. Politely.'

She wants to use every last ounce of energy she has and shoot directly for the shore, but she contains her enthusiasm and lands gracefully on the sandy beach. With both feet on the ground and an upright posture she readies herself to take a proper bow and introduce herself.

Before she starts to arch over, she takes a look around to see the people surrounding her. She sees women in bikinis and men in swim briefs and shorts with bare chests. To her, though, it looks like everyone is in their underwear. Her eyes open wide and pupils dilate. Her face flushes red and her mouth hangs open.

At the same time everyone on the beach stares at her with a mix of confusion. At first silent, then gossip spreads as everyone compares notes to what they see. A young girl with feathered wings dressed in white robes just emerged from the setting sun. Several of them hold up smart phones and other digital recorders, a few even captured the moment she flew in.

Once the mob starts to calm, one young man in swim briefs approaches her. "Excuse me, are you ..." He begins.

"YOU ARE ALL NAKED!" Jessica interrupts. She closes her eyes and covers her face. She starts running forward. She is not thinking. She just wants to get away. Everytime she bumps into someone else she becomes more panicked.

'What world of depravity and indecency did I come to?' Her thoughts race in various directions as she tries to purge the image of barely clothed bodies from it. She soon feels the ground beneath becomes very sturdy. She can hear the footfalls of her sandals, and the sound of a wail accompanied by a metallic ring.

This is the sound of a police siren and the sound of its breaks. She just ran into a busy street and the police cruiser almost ran her over. She is almost too afraid to open her eyes and look to see what made the noise. Slowly she pulled her hands away from her eyes. She can feel the wetness of tears on her cheeks. When she opens her eyes her vision is blurry for just a moment as she blinks away fresh tears.

She can see the people outside stores and house dressed in shirts and shorts. She sees vehicles in the streets that resemble the descriptions in some of her newer novels and short stories, but only barely. She also sees the police cruiser that nearly ran her over, flashing red and blue lights dance on top of it.

Officer Watson steps out of the cruiser from the passenger side. She can see the look of distress upon the young girls face. Watson concern for her makes her disregard the wings. "Is everything alright, miss? Are you hurt?"

"What do you think you're doing?!" Officer Garcia emerges from the drivers side, expressing the fear he feels from almost running over a pedestrian the only way he knows how. With anger. "Do you know that I almost ran you over? And what the hell is with the costume? Do you think this is Hallo..."

"Garcia!" Watson interrupts. "Can't you see she is in trouble."

"The kind of trouble that needs an asylum I bet." Garcia retorts.

Jessica turns her eyes to Officer Watson. She sees a middle aged woman in a blue uniform with dark tanned skin and black hair. She has a distinctive scar over her right eyebrow. Watson approaches her slowly. She talks to her in a calm voice, saying things like, "Everything is okay. You can trust me."

"There are naked people on the beach." Jessica says as she runs up to her and wraps her arms around her. She lays her head on the cop's shoulder and continues to cry. Her wings sulk low behind her.

Watson is surprised by this. Not only because the girl ran up to her and embraced her, but from the fluid movement of her wings. 'They must be animatronic.' She tries to explain it away. After the shock wears off Watson realizes what the young girl just said. 'This is not a nude beach, and this girl is definitely underage. If some pervert flashed her'

"Garcia, can you check to see who is exposing themselves on the beach? I will stay with her." Watson said, her eyebrows arch sharply, the scar accenting the expression. She wraps her arms around the young girl as she tries to calm her.

"Fine. I will go chase down the naked man." Garcia says sardonically, although he is happy for a excuse to try out his new taser. Especially on a pervert. As he walks towards the beach he unbuttons the pouch for the taser.

Watson guides the young girl to the cruiser. She opens the back passenger door and says, "Please take a seat, and you can tell me what happened." Watson does her best to present a calm face and hide the fury that is boiling inside. She has a particular hatred for perverts and pedophiles.

Jessica sits down in the back of the cruiser. She leaves her feet on the pavement outside, and wraps her wings around her arms so that she can sit comfortably. Watson couldn't help but be surprised, again, by the natural movement of the girl's wings. Jessica didn't notice her reaction. Her head is lowered and she is looking at the ground.

"I'm so sorry." Jessica says sheepishly. "I'm making a poor first impression."

"You don't need to apologize." Watson snaps back to reality at the soft and meek tone of the young girl's voice, reminding her that she is a victim. "You didn't do ..."

"Watson!" Garcia's alarmed voice calls from behind her. Watson turns around to see Garcia is standing in front of a mob of beach-goers, all wrapped in beach towels. The angry expressions on their faces makes her heart sink in her chest.

"This is not good." Watson whispers to herself.

Garcia begins to slowly away, his right hand sticking close to his firearm in case things turn violent. He says a few quick prayers in his mind, the most important is, 'Please let me get to my car alive.'

Voices emerge from the mob, "What are they doing?" "They are arresting the angel." "We are sorry we offended you, angel." "The police want to throw the angel in jail!" "Let the angel go." The mob slowly grows more and more angry.

"Did I do something wrong?" Jessica says, afraid that she caused this reaction.

"It's okay, just stay in the ..." Watson is cut off short when a brick hits her in the head.

"Get in the car!" Garcia shouts as he runs for the driver's door. Watson, unbalanced by the impact gets in the back. Jessica moves to other side give her room. Watson barely gets the door closed before the mob is banging on side of the cruiser. Garcia gets into the driver's seat and gets the cruiser running. Through the windshield he can see the swarm of humans has spread in front of the cruiser and on the hood.

If this was any other cop, they might have thought twice before stepping on the gas. Garcia isn't any other cop. Garcia slams his foot on the gas pedal and lets momentum take care of the unwanted hitch hikers.

Watson is spread out across the backseat, her head lying in Jessica's lap. Blood is pouring from an open wound on the back her head, and staining Jessica's white robes.

"Tell ... Garcia ... hospital ... please." Watson's voice is weak and the blood is flowing fast from the wound. Jessica lays her hand on top of Watson's head. She closes her eyes and focuses positive energy into the wound.

A surge of bright light erupts from the backseat. Garcia slams on the brake in a panic. "What the hell was that!" Garcia screams as he looks over his shoulder. He already put a couple of miles between them and the beach, so it couldn't be the angry mob shooting at him.

Watson suddenly feels new life flow through her. She was feeling cold and drained, but now she feels relaxed. She feels stronger than she felt in years with renewed energy. She lifts herself up from Jessica's lap. Slowly she raises her hand to feel the wound on the back of her head.

"The ... it ... how?" Watson is surprised. Though still bloody the gash is gone.

"I wanted to make sure you are okay." Jessica says, feeling that she might have over done it.

"Who are you?" Watson says slowly.

"My name is Jessica. I'm sorry to cause you so much trouble."
    Excellent work as usual, mebecronck!
    One question though:
    Spoiler
    Show
    how does she not know about what modern swimwear looks like if it has existed since the earlier 1900s? Was she only able to access older books?
    Oh great, Jessica is now on film flying... In white robes. This might just make a bigger splash in religion since the crusades!
    Especially with the whole indecency part. "YOU ARE ALL NAKED!" XD
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-07-26 at 08:47 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!