Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
Koutarou merely bowed as he resheathed Kokuden-Ou.

He seemed to appreciate the compliment and the insight.

"I must admit it was the most... defensive choice, short of picking Blind Guardian." The Vice-Captain replied. "I might have been able to score more hits if I picked Sabbath. But judging from the hits I did take, I couldn't afford to drop too much defense. I guess it's my weakest spot at this moment."

He peered at Masaru's swords. "Ancalagon must be happy to be in the hands of a master swordsman like you. Perhaps that's why it's taken so long to fully reveal itself.

Although, as your sparring partner, I feel I should warn you against using that 'shadow stab' movement too often."

Koutarou seemed deep in thought.

"It feels... risky. From the way it moved, it wasn't just using my shadow to attack me, but it was making a conduit through which your sword could strike. If that's the case, an opponent might try to disarm by yanking the blade away, or keeping you immobilized by holding it in place, or even trying to counter through the conduit itself.

In any case..."
He took a deep, wistful breath, as he walked towards Masaru "I have absolutely no complaints about our match. We'll just have to keep trying to surpass each other, right?" Koutarou extended his arm forward, a closed fist about the same height as his eyes.
Masaru nodded as Kotarou explained his choice.

"That makes sense. You knew what you had, and had some idea of what I had, going in.

I'd say you want to try working on active defense methods in all your forms. Your "passive" defense, the protection the armor gives, can't really be changed with just training. I mean, all our swords grow more powerful as time goes on and with training. But you can always improve how you move around in a fight. Not that I'm perfect at that!
"

He gave a laugh, then shrugged self-consciously at the praise.

"I guess. The big lizard's part of me. We both like fighting, and since he's a sword, it'd figure he'd want me to be good with one."

He seemed thoughtful at the advice.

"I'll have to play around with it. That said, I get the feeling it's not a "regular" portal, so at most risk it'd have to be someone else with shadow-related powers. Not a lot of those running around, last I heard."

He grinned then.

"Before you know it I'll have Bankai or something, Koutarou. We'll both keep striving to surpass each other, and ourselves!"

He slammed his fist into Koutarou's (though nowhere near full force).

"Brothers in arms!"

Spoiler
Show
OOC: I can't believe I forgot this for like 2 weeks.