Quote Originally Posted by DeliaP View Post
Minor rules pendantry: while describing unarmed Attack actions, the SRD then says points out "Armed" Unarmed Attacks:

"Sometimes a character’s or creature’s unarmed attack counts as an armed attack. A monk, a character with the Improved Unarmed Strike feat, a spellcaster delivering a touch attack spell, and a creature with natural physical weapons all count as being armed. "

This is within the description of Attack actions. So a touch attack spell would seem to be an Attack action, RAW.

Total agreement there!
I'll point out that there's a difference between delivering the touch attack spell (which is certainly an attack action) and casting the touch attack spell (which just appears to be a standard action as written). That is, you cast the spell and then attack. You also havbe the option of casting the spell and not attacking immediately, so the casting of the spell by definition can't be said to be an attack action.

Still, Rich explained in the discussion thread why it went the way it did, and nothing trumps the most important rule of all: It's cool!

I'll miss Malack though. I was looking forward to seeing interaction between him and a free-willed Durkon when he set him free.