*jumps into thread*

I got Civ 5 from steam with all the expansions just a week ago, and I think I'm hooked. I've started a couple multiplayer games with my one friend who has Civ, but none have moved past the classical era because we rarely get to play together.

My current game is a huge map (continents plus) with 11 AIs on Warlord. I'm roughly 190 turns in on standard pace. I feel like I'm in a good place because I was lucky enough to get a continent all to myself with no city-states or other civs, so since I've had no need to build extraneous units, I've been able to churn out a good seven or eight wonders. That includes Great Library, National College, and Oxford, because I'm putting a huge focus on science in lieu of units. I've got all of... three? four? combat units total. My long-term plan is to get to the information era first, build some huge units, and take the world by storm. Of course, I could also go for a science victory, but that's far less satisfying.

However, I never know if I'm ahead or behind where I "should" be. Are there rough guidelines for things like "be in age X on turn Y", "have your second/third/fourth cities on turn A/B/C", or "explore X% of the world by turn Y"? In this game, how well am I doing? How do I know if I'm ahead or behind "the curve" in comparison to the other civilizations?