Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
Apostle of Madness Review

Interesting fluff, I wonder how an apostle of madness would work in a standard party. Would definitely be an interesting dynamic roleplay wise at least. Also I am sure you know but just as a note your role section still needs to be finished as well as your starting gold and age.

Class Features:
Sanity Control: I am confused on the line "Powers and spells granted by the Sanity Control ability are neither spell-like nor psi-like, with all of the accompanying benefits and drawbacks." So they are not them but have the benefits of spell like abilities? It needs some clarity.

Do you need to augment spells to have similar effects like spell to power erudites? Or do spells naturally scale.

The spell list/power list is also incredibly small IMO. 53 spells and powers when you can select 20 isn't much. Especially when not a lot of people will choose some of them due to the spell power being very niche (Co-Opt Concentration, Shatter Mind Blank, Nightmare Symbol of fear). I would suggest trying to add more spells, there are plenty of insanity spells and effects that can be used.

Mad Dreams: Is the wisdom damage cumulative? Do I need to pay 4 wisdom for contact other plane or do I need to take 8 wisdom damage. Also do you get the ability to cast the spell at will or once its not quite clear. If its once when does the ability take place. Cool ability though.

Gifts:
2nd: Eldritch Summoning is pretty good and gives some much needed variety to the spell list. Glimpse of the future is interesting since true strike is so cheap in a point spellcasting system. Non Euclidian movement is also a cool balanced ability. I think Eldritch summoning is stronger than both of the other ones by a decent amount.

6th: So he gains time hop that is automatically augmented. Seems fine.

10th: Both of these are good.

14th: Greater non euclidian movement continues the progression. Improved Reanimator has a problem though, you can't control the undead you create. Create Undead doesn't give you control over them and they aren't added to your animate undead pool. So this ability lets you create flesh hungry undead that you can't control, not exactly the best ability.

18th: Time Mastery seems fine.

Bonus feats also seem fine.

A cool class its still needs more variety in the gifts and I would suggest maybe giving the summon monster gift some more options later on.
Thank you for the reply, I need them to further improve the class. I clarified the class features and added the role line at the beginning.

I looked at some interesting mind-affecting spells and powers from the various books. There were 51 spells and powers on the list ; that's 24 more. In all honesty, I don't know how much more I can find, but 25 more should be enough. If you have ideas, please share, as long as all spells are mind-affecting and taken from the sorcerer/wizard spell list.

I may nerf Eldritch Summoning, probably by splitting it into a chain that also gives access to other summoning spells. Any further suggestion?