Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not.

Yeah, but when someone's letting you live in their basement, rent-free (another embarrassing stereotype I represent). Part of it is that my mother views my success or failure as indicative of her skills as a parent and an occupational therapist. When I fail to meet her standards, I make her look bad to her peers. According to her, because I got fired from a job at the school she worked at, her co-workers now all laugh at her behind her back (they don't, and they've told me that point-blank, that my losing the job had NO bearing on their personal opinions of me or my family).

Both, sort of. I'm not comfortable discussing this further publicly. PM me if you'd like me to go into detail.

But doing these things would get my mother to stop bothering me about them.

And we get to my real problem. Of giving up when it looks like something will be too hard or take too long.

But I'm not earning the money fast enough, so my mom's still bugging me about it!
It seems like your mom is a large source of your problems. If you haven't already talked to her about it, talk to her about it.

]Also, are you earning enough money to room with somebody?