1. - Top - End - #1334
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: General WoD Discussion #2: Its time to Celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    So what would you suggest for a Changeling being in a sanboxy game with a bunch of Mages and one or two Vampires?

Keeping in mind I've never made a Changeling before....
    I would suggest a social or artificer character, because Changelings are sharp as hell at those roles.

For a social character, you're almost certainly taking the Fairest seeming. From there, Flowering is an excellent choice, and it ties in very well to the Spring court. The first two dots of Fleeting Spring are amazing when combined with pledges. Vainglory is very nice (giving you flat-up immunity to mortals if you sink your other three dots into it), but you can also spread out a bit.

An artificer character is similarly almost certainly going to be a Wizened. Kith is a bit more open, just pick whatever you think is cool (Smiths have a unique advantage pertaining to cold iron if you think that might come up). From there, just pick up Contracts of Animation and Artifice (Artifice 3 and Animation 2 is a good starting spread). This also makes you a pretty good at combat, as you can slap a bunch of dice (and the 9-again of the Wizened) onto your rolls with a rifle or whatever.

Finally, never forget pledges. Pledges are amazing no matter what you decide to do. You can get any non-supernatural merit you want and you can offer anyone the same when you want to get your Old Scratch on.

If you want some versatility with your character, I'd suggest the Goblin Vow merit. It basically lets you make pledges with concepts (you get one concept a dot, but they need to be fairly specific), so you could call up a fire if you had Goblin Vow (Campfires) for instance. Very handy.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2013-08-08 at 07:39 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.