View Single Post

Thread: Dice Roller installed

1. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dice Roller installed

Quote Originally Posted by amanodel View Post
    "4d6b3" is the syntax of taking the best three of four d6 rolls.
    [roll0]

"4d6+3" is 4d6+3
    [roll1]

the "v" tag in "(rollv)(/rollv)" let's you to look into the individual rolls of multiple rolls. You specify the number of rolls between the brackets (rollv)4d6(/rollv), not writing the number instead of the "v" like (roll4).
    [roll2]

between the (roll) and (/roll) brackets, you can't add anything else than "b" or "+", or the roller won't work. That's why [rollv=4d100]4d100!?[/rollv] fails. On the other hand, (rollv=4d100!?)4d100(/rollv) should work (if the roller allows punctuation) -> [rollv=4d100!?]4d100[/rollv]

After the equation mark ( in "roll=") you can specify the purpose of the roll, like "disarm trap". (roll=Disarm trap)1d20+4(/roll) -> [roll4]
    It was post in a roller thread of the gamma forum. At the end of the roll it states that the "* post roll count doesn't match database". How that's possible in an uneditable post? Is it because the wrong example I made?

edit: also, why does the quote only quote the first roll properly?

2nd edit: even it isn't proper.
    Last edited by amanodel; 2006-11-20 at 06:17 PM.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.