Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
Antimatter, probably not. That's a Matter 5 Unmaking rote *at least*. And casting it via sympathetic connection would require an extra dot.

You really are better sticking to Thermite.

Against a Mummy though, you'd better hope that they don't have "Rebuke the Vizier". Because if they do, your magic is going to fail if it is cast anywhere within the vicinity. You won't be able to scry them, and you'll have to resort to Thermite bombing somewhere near to where you hope they will be. If the mummy doesn't have that... I would still be incredibly wary of killing them. Curses are bad news, and don't care where the target is.

A mage sitting in his luxury penthouse in Manhattan might suddenly find that all the water within 2 miles of him has turned to blood, getting him into severe trouble with the local Consillium if they ever find out he is responsible. Or the Mummy could unleash something directly dangerous. A single use of "Wrathful Desert Power" could potentially kill, quite easily, while "Secrets Ripped From the Skies" might crash into mage armour, but will at least hit a large radius and set everything on fire. Or the mage might be hit with something more subtle, such as Doom Affliction 3, which can add a +1 to the target number for any (e.g)Matter Spell he casts, and cause all failures to be treated as dramatic ones. For a really dramatic "screw you" the Mummy can potentially unleash Earthquakes or Meteor Showers on their attacker post death.

Meanwhile then, the Cult of the Mummy will be scouring the world for the mage, and 5 hours after the Thermite bomb the mummy got back up.

Trying to murder a mummy isn't worth it, even if you can do it quite easily. You need to get somebody else to land the deathblow, and they need to do so without magical compulsion.
Proximity gets weird with Space involved, too - doesn't a sympathetic connection put you in proximity? Poor wizard.

Althouhg, if you're in a luxury penthouse, you're either a Seer or targeted by one. Big money, temporal power? That's their bag, man.

And I don't think dramatic failures do anything on mage spells. I'd prefer otherwise, but can't recall anything.