Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
Thanks, I do have a few friends who play, but so far they're all much worse than me. As in, they can't even beat the bots on medium level bad. Still...we're all just picking the game up, so I'm sure they'll get much better after a few games.

Right now I'm primarily playing Lina, Ursa, and Omniknight depending on what role I want to fill. Ursa is easily my best so far though. I think Omniknight will pick up a lot once I'm playing with people who are actually worth supporting though. I really, really wanted to play as Anti-Mage, but he's too complicated for me at this point. Maybe in the future. Any tips for these heroes?

For Ursa I've been rushing Vlads, then phase boots, then Atos, followed by BKB. I'm not really sure what to get on Lina or Omni though.
I don't think the hero matters that much if you just need to get a feel of the game overall. As for omni... I don't get people worth supporting most of the time when I solo queue.

For items, go with what you need in each game, for example Vlads isn't going to do that much for your earlygame ganking potential, all it does is let you get an early rosh / ancients.