1. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: In the Shadows of Greatness: Persona M&M IC

One of the few positive qualities of the Graham Center was perhaps the fact that it housed the school's main cafeteria. As such, for those unlucky enough to live there, they always had the chance to begin and end their days with proper meals, or at least, they lacked one less excuse to not eat that the rest of the student body shared. Regardless, the cafeteria is abuzz with life on this fine morning. Returning students sit with their cliques, almost completely unchanged in the three month break, while new faces awkwardly lined the walls, their faces pleading for acceptance and, barring that, hopefully a place to sit. The food, was about what you'd expect from a high end private institution. It was catered in directly from a company who had been partners with the Preston family for generations, and while it wasn't the best you've had, it's pretty good.

At a table where the athletes and other tended to gather, soccer players in particular for this table though there were a few non-athletes among them, the new year brought new opportunities to gossip and spread stories. Freshman Lucien Thornhill was asorbing the info, hoping for his chance to counter some of the older student's tales with some of his own. He had accepted to Preston Academ on a scholarship for his excellent skills with a soccer ball, and if these people around him were to be potential friends, he'd like to at least leave a good first impression. "Hey, Thornhill. What's that girl's name?"

Lucien shrugs. "Why you asking me? I'm just a new guy."

"I hear she's the new transfer student from Japan. Boy would I love to show her the sights." Another kid adds.

Lucien pokes the boy who had introduced himself to him as Matt."Five bucks says you can't get get her to sit with us."

-----------------------

Meanwhile in another section of the room, a few students produce portfolios from their bags. They compare their annual summer artistic endeavors with each other to see who had gotten closer to the source of true artistic achievement. Some shared grandiose designs, others their complicated models, a few paintings here and there, but mostly short stories and essays that the various students had written in response to the changing world around them. One of the students catches a familiar face and shouts to him in the distance. "Yo! Lachlan! Come here! I wanna see if I managed to outdo you this time. I got a paper that's just dying to be read, and I think you're the guy to do it!"

-----------------------

To many of the freshmen, it must be a real surprise that the line for food is almost nonexistent. It would seem that most students eat light in the morning, or at least, maybe the anxiety and nervousness of a new year cut their appetites. At least, that's the consensus the newly formed archery club has reached. Consisting of only freshmen scouted for their talent, apparently Preston Academy had decided that it would another sport to its list of trophy earners. They had even spent one whole day together at orientation in an attempt to "build cohesive team spirit," although the success of that seems to be mixed. But in spite of the middling results, most of the members of the archery club have gathered to share their first breakfast together. Some make various attempts at small talk, while others eat silently.

-----------------------

Some of the faculty members begin conversing among themselves while they wait for the ceremony to start. Some had always thought it weird that they had to be ready and lined up so early in the morning, but it was not something that was spoken aloud. The headmaster had always done it this way, and maybe he had his reasons.

The old history professor turned to look at his student teacher. The young man was certainly dedicated, and in his prior year of service had more than earned the professor's respect. "Well Edwin, how did you use your break from the job? I'd guess someone as motivated as yourself spent the entire summer with his nose buried in ancient tomes, but it never hurts to ask."
    Last edited by Hammerpriest; 2013-08-14 at 10:52 PM.