View Single Post

Thread: [CHB] IC 1: The New Arrivals

1. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [CHB] IC 1: The New Arrivals

Stables

"I agree with Lan - three is too many. Also, things didn't exactly go to plan, and the military will be hunting for us. That means I'm going to have a difficult time moving around outside camp, and Mr. D is going to be angry. Someone needs to get to the Big House and explain things as fast as possible, before he finds out for himse-"

"Oh, I already have."

A pudgy man in a leopard-print shirt ambles over. On close inspection, his feet hover about an inch above the ground. He's drinking a Diet Coke.

"So this is the new girl, Anita. Well, I'm sure you'll prove as useful as the rest - a snort attests that he doesn't think that that means much use at all -and as for Hick and Ham, I think a month cleaning toilets should be appropriate punishment."

He smirks, his purple eyes glittering with amusement.

"With respect, sir, it could have gone a lot worse. The draecenae would have attacked no matter what once they knew Anika was being moved, and you'll notice that none of us are hurt, which is more than would have happened if most other retrieval teams had taken this operation."

The man snorts.

"Oh please, don't flatter yourself. Just because I was cursed to oversee this dreadful place by Zeus doesn't mean I have to listen to every whine you have. Any more complaints from you or the satyr, and I'll make it two months. As much as I hate to say it, you're the best fighter we've got, and you need to learn to keep a low profile."

Training Grounds

Rick brings up his two sticks into a guard position, and nods at Colin.

"Let's go."
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-08-18 at 10:27 AM.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show