With a single blow from Teach the striking iron cobra is destroyed. Solomon nods his thanks and lowers his swords and Lavinia looks relieved. "I guess the command word will not be needed. But where is my family's valuables?"

Solomon sheathes his blades coughing slightly on the metal fragments. "I think I can help. There was something on this wall. He walks across to one of the swirling patterns and finds a slight raised lump on one of them. Pressing it with a "Here we are" the room shakes slightly before with a slight hiss a segment of wall opposite the main door plunges into the floor revealing an archway into a room beyond. A single floating orb of crystal hovering in the air shining with clear light illuminating the room with a clear yellow light.

Peering through the archway you see an octagonal room about 20ft in diameter supported by a single large grooved pillar. Excluding the wall that you are peering from, each of the other seven walls bears fantastically detailed bas-relief of exotic monsters in threatening poses. Starting at the wall immediately to your left, and moving clockwise, the carvings depict:

• a tentacled monster with a glaring red eye and a mouth full of teeth,
  • a looming dragon,
  • a fish-like creature with three eyes and four tentacles,
  • a two-headed giant wielding a pair of immense clubs,
  • a spherical creature with four eyestalks and a bulging central eye over a drooling maw,
  • a gorilla-like beast with a fanged maw and six eyes,
  • a towering black spider with seven eyes.

Each creatures eyes consist of a glittering red stone. The ceiling above is only ten feet high, with a familiar eight-pointed star radiating out from the central pillar. The arms of the star are black, save the one that points south toward the entrance, which is red.

The room is otherwise empty and has no other exits. Lavinia stares at the scene with the massive murals of the monsters lit by the changing coloured lights. "This must be it."