1. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: The Village Hidden in the Marsh, Episode 1: Fresh Blood

Minami refuses to cringe upon hearing the pained groan of the elder shinobi. She refuses to focus on just how much blood was on both her, her patient and now her kikkaichu. She refuses to think about how far out of her depths she was, or how close to the death her patient is. She couldn't help but acknowledge that her kit was not prepared to handle an emergency of this magnitude; but though her Sensei's words echoed in her mind with each suture she made, and each command uttered to her swarm, she refused to meditate on it.

To do so would be to seal her patients fate, to give herself the time needed to realize just how far beyond her experience the magnitude of the kunoichi's wounds were, it would be to give voice to fear clawing back at her mind that she was barely keeping at bay as it was; had it not been for all of Yamanka's stress tests she doubted she'd be faring half as well as she was. Minami had no delusions of her strength; if she stopped now, she was unsure if she'd be able to finish the job. Regardless of whether or not her treatments ended in success or failure she had to see it through to the end.

Time seem to lose meaning to the girl was she labored to keep her sempai alive; the world around them fading away until all she could her were her sempai's struggling words, the hum of her kikkaichu and the beating of her own heart. "C-Come on, d-don't talk like that," she reprimanded, feeling some part of her painfully twist at the sound of the kunoichi's words, "H-He'll be able to hold you plenty more t-times once we get you through this," she added as she grip on her implements tightened, "D-Don't lose hope yet, you can still pull through!" she demanded as she went back to work with renewed vigor.

So deep was so focus that she failed to notice the hospital doors as they opened, her cavalry pouring forth in answer to her whispered prayers; it's not until the midwife tries to get her to move that she realizes they are not alone, the young girl taking a moment to register what was happening as if dazed by the sudden rush of activity around her. It is only then that she could truly look upon her work, allowing herself a shaky smile which is just barely hidden behind her coat; as a strange feeling of elation begins to bubble up inside her, only to be crushed as the kunoichi before her goes still. For the briefest moments she fears for the worst before she notices the tell-tale signs of life still beating within the women and breathing out a sigh of relief before following the medics inside; keeping her kikkaichu's calm and at work, while the medics rushed around them.

"I, y-yes. I'm, I'm allowed to witness," she replied formally to the nurse, her tone attempting to slip back into Aburame formality in hopes of steadying her voice; the girl keenly aware of just how fiercely her heart had been beating just moments ago. Part of her wished for little more than to sitdown for a long awhile and rest, yet she knew all too well that she would not always have that luxury. Yamanaka-sensei had been preparing them for all facets of their duty; to Minami standing down now would be spitting in the face of that.

So it was that upon washing herself, she finishes her preparations for her coming role; grimacing momentarily at the mess her clothing had become, before switching into more appropriate attire and taking her place in the theater. All the while silently praying that all would be well.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2013-08-20 at 11:57 AM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.