Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
[Meeting Room]

"We have had...difficulty in maintaining the loyalty of agents sent to AMEN before. I'm sure you know all about that, with the company you keep." DC, that company is right there, stop that.

"That said, should the others wish it now, I will put the gun away. I am not the sole authority here, after all. I expect your chances are good, considering they don't seem to feel as strongly about this as myself, so let me give you one piece of advice: Make me regret this, and you'll wish I'd shot you today."
[Meeting Room]

"While we're on the topic of adding threats to the conversation, if you ever use my girlfriend again, particularly to try and get to me, I'll make Reinholdt and Ebon Mirror look like fleas on the back of a raging Wampa in terms of your failures." Ilpholin replies, with an icy stare and an even colder voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
[Meeting Room]

"Put the gun down, DC," Wenomir says. "Whatever we end up deciding about this situation, it won't be resolved by shooting her in the face after she came to us willingly. Now..." He turns back to Ilpholin. "Two more questions. First: what do you think will happen to the AMEN leadership once you're gone? Second: what do you think their most likely reaction is going to be if we decide to destroy their volcano base and succeed?"
"Magtok will be in charge. For a time. But I've tested his leadership capabilities and found them lacking. His association with me, coupled with his polarizing stances will soon alienate him. Unless he can make some concessions and distance himself from me quickly, he'll fall soon enough. Most likely to a 'suddenly back from the not-so-dead' Gordon who will swoop in when he hears I'm gone. That said, he would be the best at changing AMEN into a corrupt politician if he can hold on long enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
[Meeting Room]

DC lowers the beam gun and proceeds to go into the AMEN conversation like nothing happened. "The original base must be destroyed if we can expect to make AMEN a manageable problem, one way or the other. That is easier said than done, however. I suspect it would be easier to render the entire area uninhabitable than destroy the base itself-a task I may be able to perform, in theory, but I am...reluctant to deploy or even create weapons on that level, lest we provoke an equal response or start an arms race. Thus why my actions thus far have been less direct."
"I'm not sure it'd be worth destroying one of their two bases now, particularly since they're no longer preoccupied and prevented from teleporting in. You'd guarantee a leadership change with that action and probably an arms race as they turn around and decide to destroy this base." And drama. Oh the drama.

"Besides, I have cameras in every single room in AMEN that doesn't directly belong to a member. We can have every one of their plans and schemes streamed directly to us at all times."

"But if you still want to go, you'll want a technomagical created electromagnetic field created at high amplification to hurt the eldritch creature. I'd recommend stealing Magtok's. I told him to set it up to power AMENside's electricity. Though he did want to set up a fail safe that'd teleport it to Evolution Industries should it get targeted for bombs and such. Still, very useful. If you intend to attack the AMEN base, I'd go after that first. Then create some sort of distraction to lure members away, go in with the program I gave you to turn the base against itself and then do whatever you're going to do." That'd be her strategy. The optimal timing might be gone, but the plan's still sound. For the time being at least.